Covenant of Love What is it?
A covenant is like a contract, but where a contract gives goods and services, a covenant gives the individuals to each other. This is God’s preferred way of giving Himself to people. Because He always wants to give Himself and wants a response from us. Old Testament covenants include Adam, Noah, Abraham, Mt. Sinai with all of Israel. The New Covenant includes the whole world as fulfilled by Jesus Christ on the cross and in the Eucharist and the Sacraments. In a Covenant with Mary, we are also giving ourselves to Jesus.
The “love” in our Covenant of Love is God’s kind of love. God is love, “agape” love, which is the complete giving of oneself. The Blessed Mother wants to teach us to love the whole Blessed Trinity the way that she does!
The Schoenstatt Covenant of Love is two-sided giving. We give ourselves to our Holy Mother and she gives herself to us as Queen and Mother. The Covenant of Love comes with gifts and requests. From Our Mother, we receive:
- “It will please me to dwell in your midst.”
- “And distribute favors, gifts, and graces in abundance.”
- “I will draw from here youthful hearts to follow me.”
- “I will educate them.”
- “To be useful instruments.”
- “In My Hands”.
For us to give to Our Mother:
- “Prove first by your deeds that you really love me.”
- “Increase your striving to the highest degree.”
- “Growth in “Sanctification I demand of you.”
- “Diligently bring me contributions to the Capital of Grace”.
- “Fulfill your duties faithfully”.
- “Pray fervently”.
Let us commit and renew our Covenant of Love on a daily basis to obtain graces and to contribute to the capital of grace!
Click here for requirements to make your Covenant of Love.
Prayer: My Queen, my Mother, I give myself to you, and to show my devotion to you, I consecrate to you this day, my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my entire self without reserve. As I am your own, my good Mother, guard me and defend me as your property and possession. Amen.