SCHOENSTATT PILGRIM MOTHER
AN APOSTOLATE OF EVANGELIZATION AND RENEWAL
FOR THE DOMESTIC CHURCH
WELCOME TO OUR LADY’S GREAT VISITATION, HER JOURNEY OF LOVE INTO OUR HOMES!
THANK YOU FOR BEING WILLING TO WELCOME OUR LADY’S PICTURE OF GRACE INTO YOUR HOME!
MARY, THE MOTHER OF GOD AND MOTHER OF THE CHURCH, wishes to begin her JOURNEY OF LOVE now into our homes, our Domestic Church. Her motherly concern for us and her devotion to Christ urge her to COME TO US. With our help and through her PICTURE OF GRACE sent out from her SCHOENSTATT SHRINE, Mary wants to bring Christ anew to the world and to each one of us.
Our Pilgrim MTA Pictures of Grace are blessed in the International Schoenstatt Shrine in Waukesha, WI and commissioned to go out from the Shrine with OUR LADY AND JESUS’ PRESENCE and with Graces from the Shrine especially THE THREE PILGRIMAGE GRACES God grants for Our Lady to distribute to us from there because of His merciful love for us:
- The Grace of Being at Home
- The Grace of Inner Transformation
- The Grace of Apostolic Fruitfulness
1) BECAUSE, WE NEED AND WANT TO BE LOVED, The Blessed Mother intercedes for us the Grace of Being at Home with God in His Heart, with her in her heart. She wants to take care of the needs of all those she encounters just as she did in the home of her cousin Elizabeth. She wants to teach us to be Covenant People who faithfully live their Baptismal Promises with a joyful spirit of Hospitality, Prayer, and Practical Faith in Divine Providence.
2) BECAUSE WE NEED AND WANT TO BE TRANSFORMED INTO STRONG PERSONALITIES AND EVERYDAY SAINTS, The Blessed Mother intercedes for us the Grace of Inner Transformation of mind, heart, and will so we will become the New Person, the renewed person, an image and Intentional Disciple of Jesus her Son.
3) BECAUSE WE NEED AND WANT TO BE USED FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD, The Blessed Mother intercedes for us the Grace of Apostolic Fruitfulness so we can fulfill our personal mission in life, giving of ourselves in SERVICE to our families, Parish, Diocese, and the world around us.
NOTHING WITHOUT YOU, BLESSED MOTHER, NOTHING WITHOUT US!
Schoenstatt members from all over the world who have made a Covenant of Love with our Mother Thrice Admirable offer their prayers, works, joys, sufferings, sacrifices, and good deeds united with the sufferings of Jesus to Our Lady’s Capital of Grace. These are signs of their love and in the hands of the Blessed Mother and through the workings of the Holy Spirit they become the key that releases the stream of Grace flowing from the Shrine for Our Lady to distribute to our families, friends, and for all we are praying for. We are truly blessed to be receivers of this powerful stream of Grace!
These visits of the Pilgrim MTA Pictures of Grace remind us of 3 Biblical Scenes:
1) At the Cross, when John received Mary and took her into his home;
2) At the Visitation, when Mary arrived at the home of Elizabeth, bringing the
presence of Christ into that household;
3) In the Cenacle, when the apostles, united in prayer with Mary, awaiting the
coming of the Holy Spirit, became apostles for the world.
THE VISITATION (Luke 1:39-45)
Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, “Most blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.”
REFLECTION FROM THE CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
(717) “There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.” John was “filled with the Holy Spirit even from his mother’s womb” by Christ himself, whom the Virgin Mary had just conceived by the Holy Spirit. Mary’s visitation to Elizabeth thus became a visit from God to His people.
“Take this picture of the Blessed Mother and give it a place of honor in your home. Then your home will become a little shrine in which the picture of grace will mediate many graces, create a holy family atmosphere, and form holy family members.” Father Joseph Kentenich, Founder of Schoenstatt
Let us pray:
DEAR BLESSED MOTHER THRICE ADMIRABLE, Queen and Victress of Schoenstatt and Queen of the Three Graces on the Move, visit us your children. Walk among us, comfort us, care for us, and heal our hearts with your motherly love. Bring Jesus into our homes our Domestic Church, into the homes of our dear ones who are sick, into our hospitals and nursing homes, everywhere where you and Jesus are needed. Distribute your Three Graces to warm our cold hearts, to renew us in our faith, and to deepen our personal love for Jesus your Son. With your Three Graces, educate us in the Pillars of Hospitality, Prayer, Formation, and Service. Form us into Intentional Disciples, the New Persons in the New Community. Intercede for us that the wide halls of the holy Church be filled again to the praise and glory of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Amen.